Friday, May 20, 2011

Looking Ahead

I'm feeling even more optimistic today than yesteray. It really helps that it is Friday. Parrrrty!

The weekend is going to be awesome and I've been looking forward to it for months. The Morses are hosting their annual Strike Out MS Crawfish Boil tomorrow at their home in Alexandria. This is a seriously great event for a very worthwhile cause. All are welcome and it is always a great (and yummy) time.

Check out Amazing Kate's fundraising page here. For your $25 donation, you get all of the crawfish, potatoes, corn, sausage, etc., you can eat. Add $5 and you get all of the beer you can drink, too. What a deal! The Morses pay for all of the food out of their pocket and all of the proceeds go directly to the National MS Society.

Then Sunday will entail more delicious eats. I'm not talking about Taste of Arlington. Nah. It is time for the semi-annual DonRockwell.com picnic.

Although I haven't made it to a picnic in a while (the darn race schedule kept interfering), I know it is going to be great! DR.com is a 'foodie' message board for the DC area and is my number one source for restaurant information. I've been a member of the community for a while now and have met a lot of great people and learned about many wonderful places to eat.

The picnics, oh the picnics! I think of them as the ultimate pot lucks. Sometimes there are pigs being roasted, or homemade bacon being grilled. Once there was a chili cookoff. Attendees range from professional chefs and domestic goddesses to regular people like me who just like good food. You don't need to bring a culinary masterpiece to participate. This is seriously one of the least pretentious, most warm and welcoming groups I have ever known.

I still need to figure out what I am going to bring. There is a pretty high bar for the food, but you could honestly show up with paper plates and plastic forks you would be welcomed with open arms. If anyone would like to join us, let me know. It is at Fort Hunt Park from 12-5.

So, lots of eating this weekend. Somewhere I'll squeeze in some good workouts to counterbalance all of the deliciosity.

In case you're wondering, there is a plan for the next cycle and we are set to go. I'm a planner. I like plans. We have a plan now and I'm happy. It is pretty simple. Now those little frozen embryos (yes, plural) better get on board. We are ready to go.

Happy Friday, everyone. I hope to see you all at one of the fun events this weekend.

No comments: