Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Aren't you glad?

So, I just read a post from a blogger that one of my readers directed me to. She's also going through IVF just like I am and let's just say, she's having a rough time with it.

She wrote this post that basically says that life sucks, people suck, etc., etc. She complains that everyone says the wrong thing and that no one in the whole world understands what she is going through. My first thought was, "I am so glad I am not like this!" and I am taking the time to appreciate this fact. In general, I love all of the support that people offer me. I rarely get offended by genuine attempts at comfort and kindness. Really, what is the *right* thing to say? Just letting me know that you care, that you're interested, and that you're optimistic is so touching.

I am so incredibly grateful for my friends. Now, it may surprise you to learn that I'm a little more type-A than most people. I know you're shocked, but here it is. True confessions.

Back in HS and college, there weren't as many people that could relate to my personality. But between law school and this crazy triathlon/marathon training, I've found so many people who love me, despite my need to run 14 miles when the schedule says 14 miles (and not stop at 13.75 even though I'm back at my car).

Today, I am appreciating my friends and the fact that I am able to recognize the effort that my friends make to support me in any way they can. Thank you guys!!! Not a day goes by where I don't think about the numerous wonderful emails, cards, chocolate-covered strawberries, cake pops, and the love I have received. How can I be sad when I have you all for friends?

No comments: