Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thursday Thirteen

In holy deference to Queen Es (yes, I’m still trying to make amends for micro-mussel 2010), I present to you my first ever Thursday Thirteen.

1. As seen in my previous post, today is National Chocolate Day. Other than eating a lot of chocolate, I think a good way to celebrate would be to head on over to Artisan Confections, my favorite chocolate shop. Not only can you acquire such amazing goodies as fleur de del caramels (covered in dark chocolate, of course), and Chipolte Chile bonbons, but you can also get on the mailing list to find out when Jason will be teaching his totally wonderful chocolate classes.

2. It snowed here in the DC area yesterday. 8 inches of really wet, heavy snow. I was lucky to make it home quickly and easily.

3. It would have been much better to be snowed in last night if my sweetie had been with me to enjoy watching the snowfall. But alas, he is on travel and the poor thing is suffering through a 6-day trip to Florida. Poor baby. Not!

4. I am seriously lacking workout motivation this week. I think ones of the problems is that I lifted weights on Monday for the first time in a long time (squats, steps up, etc.) and that left me really, really sore. Then there was the above-mentioned snow, and a lot of work stuff, etc. 

5. I should go to the gym right now and make up for it, but instead I am writing this blog post while I am on hold with our technology help desk.

6. Why am I on hold with the help desk? Because apparently my agency is in the process of handling my name change request and at the present time I cannot receive email to either my old name or my new name, even from someone who replies to a message I sent a few minutes ago. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. I'd most definitely rather be running on the treadmill right now. Grrrrrr.

7. Speaking of changing my name, it is kind of a weird thing.The other day I arrived at a meeting where there were two women I didn't know and a man I had met several times before - although not since last summer when I was representing his division in a case. I introduced myself to the new faces and the man then introduced himself to me. He said I looked familiar but when he heard my name, he wasn't sure.  It was really awkward.

8.   The tech support guy is just. not. getting. it. Sigh.

9.  After writing #8 I went down to the gym and hit the treadmill. Go me!

10. And I've got endorphins out the wazoo!

11. I did speed work. It was tough but great! 10' w/u, 4x800 z4, 2' recovery, w/d. Nice!

12. My belly is screaming so I'm going to find my salad. I think I definitely earned a chocolate for dessert.

13. Light dressing is so not worth it. I really need to get back into the habit of making my own salad dressing.

So, there's my first Thursday Thirteen. Very stream of consciousness. See you soon!

1 comment:

Ruben (ruben@triumphtriathlon.com ) said...

Hi Cat!

Nice blog you have here. FYI, I created a community of triathlete bloggers online called TriumphTriathlon.com. It's still in BETA phase right now but I'm trying to grow the community. You could also win free entry into the 140.6 of your choice! Please check out. Thanks for your help and keep up the good work on your blog!

Make it a great day,
Ruben