Thursday, January 27, 2011

National Chocolate Day is here!

Who knew? Today, my friends, is a day of significance. Not only is it Amanda's birthday (Happy Birthday, Amanda!!!) but it is also, are you ready for this???? National Chocolate Day! I know! How have we gone so long without knowing that such a holiday existed?

And why the heck don't we have the day off? In my book, snow + chocolate surely equals a reason to close down the government. No?

I really do think that this is a reason to celebrate. While it is true that I call myself the "queen of justification" it is not simply an excuse for me to eat lots of chocolate. Okay, well, maybe it is. But it is okay, right, if while I eat the chocolate I appreciate it and ponder how luck I am to have it in my life?

I, myself, am a huge fan of dark chocolate. Don't get me wrong, milk chocolate is good, too. But if given a choice, I am definitely in the dark chocolate camp. Oh, and you can keep your white chocolate. It is nice for decorating the real stuff, but I can live without it.

How about you? What kind of chocolate do you prefer? Do you have a favorite chocolate bar?


Am I making you hungry???

I think a dark chocolate reese's peanut butter cup would taste really great right about now....


1 comment:

Melody said...

How did I not know about DARK chocolate Reese's? And how did I not know about national chocolate day?! That *almost* sounds as good as Japan's "White Day."