Friday, January 21, 2011

Walkin' around the Clizzle

Did you know that Arlington is rated as the most walkable city in Virginia? Yup, it is true. Thanks to Under One Roof and Clarendon Culture for reporting that Arlington was awarded a walk score of 90/100. Just another reason to love living in Arlington. [Anyone else find it interesting that this bit of trivia is being highlighted just as the Washington Post reports that Washington DC is tied with Chicago as having the worst traffic in the nation? No real news flash there either.]

Of course, Arlington's winning walkability score comes as no surprise to anyone who has visited the area recently. It is amazing how the area has flourished since I started law school in Clarendon 12 years ago. If you'd offered me a bet that I would wind up living in a 1-bedroom condo in this neighborhood (and loving it), I would have definitely taken that losing bet. But here we are...

Admittedly, I haven't been outside much lately other than when required. But hey, if I wanted to, I could conceivably get off of my comfy sofa and stroll out of the perfectly-heated condo whenever I wanted to hop over to any number of excellent retail, shopping, and restaurant options. Seriously, though, I just got back from Hawaii and it is below freezing outside. Brrrrr. How many days until Spring???

No comments: