Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Double Trouble! Double Fun!

Most of you have already heard the good news, which I simply could not keep to myself. We are expecting twins! Two for the price of one… double trouble… Yes, it is a double blessing and we are thrilled.

There are a lot of emotions right now. For the most part, we’re elated. But like with any pregnancy, there is a little bit of worry. Twin pregnancies are a little more risky for mom and babies. I guess we’ll cross whatever bridges we come to when we come to them.

To be totally honest, at this point, we’re just glad there aren’t three. With our high numbers (13dpt beta: 1064, 15dpt: 3,940; 18dpt 13,460) we were starting to think maybe one of the embryos had split and we were going to have triplets. That really freaked us out.

Fortunately, it is *just* (ahem) twins. I’m feeling great overall. I’ve had two short bouts of morning sickness, both of which lasted a total of about 3 minutes. Nausea, a little vomiting, recovery. Boom. All done. Not great, but really, pretty good when you think about it. Ever since Musselman weekend, I’m a little tired, but nothing too extreme. I can pretty much do everything I usually do. I just need to work out the sleep intermission issue.

The second sonogram will be one day next week. We’ll get to see another picture of the snowbabies! Here’s the shot we got today (forgive my lack of photo editing skills).



In case you can’t see anything, don’t worry. We couldn’t either. The big thing to notice about this photo is that there are two circles in the middle, which are two separate sacs (that means fraternal, versus identical twins). Inside each sac are embryos that are roughly the size of kidney beans. We got to see their little tiny hearts beating on the screen. Way cool!

No comments: