Friday, July 15, 2011

Sorry for the suspense

Greetings from Ithaca, New York. If you're keeping track, you know that Wednesday was the big day. The much anticipated pregnancy test.

I am thrilled to report that cycle 2 was a success and I am PREGNANT! I mean, really pregnant. Unlike last time, when my hCg level was 14, my first beta was over 1,000. Holy cow!

The plan to surprise my mom kind of backfired. I gave her a gift bag with some yarn (she had talked about knitting a baby blanket) and a book about being a grandma. She totally didn't get it. Looking back, it was kind of funny...but lets just say it wasn't the reaction I was hoping for. Since I kept the whole transfer thing a secret, it was more like stunned disbelief than overjoyed, but the joy and excitement came eventually.

When we called my sister, she cried and exclaimed this is the best thing to happen to her in her entire life. :) The future big brother and sister (the Knight's kids, my terrific step-kids) seemed genuinely happy to hear the news. My step-grandparents (my stepfathers parents) were really happy to hear about the baby on the way but they were very resistant to the whole idea of being great-grandparents. Funny, since they're 91 and 94. For that matter, my stepfather is having a hard time grasping that he will be a grandfather.

We are pretty excited! It feels so surreal... More later, I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Cat! I'm so thrilled for you and am glad that all of the not-so-fun aspects of IVF paid off. Congratulations!
Big hug,
Liz