Monday, August 15, 2011

I thought you should know

I'm not really sure how to say this so I'm just going to say it. Friday morning we learned that Baby B did not make it. As much as we thought we were prepared for the news, we were not. We are deeply saddened.

It is time to heal. We are surrounded by love, friendship, and a ton of support. We are making every effort to appreciate all of our good fortune and move forward from there.

I'm not going to say that everything happens for a reason because I've found that is not really a fair statement. Some things just have no possible good reason for happening. However, I do believe that eventually things have a way of working out. I truly believe that things are going to work out just fine for us.

With love,
Cat (& Oli)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, Cat. there is no good reason why this happened. But you are loved and I hope you and Oli can heal from this. You are going to be great parents.
Love, Bibiana

Anonymous said...

Cat, you have been on my mind the past couple of days and this morning I thought, I have to check her blog. Not the news I was hoping to read! My heart is heavy. Hugs to you and Oli. - Marilyn

Lacey Jane said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. We are thinking of you both.

Holly said...

I'm so sorry for you & Oli and sending you much love, comfort and prayers that things will indeed work out fine. Take time to honor your feelings and heal your body & soul. With Love, Holly & Jim

Tamara said...

Oh, Cat. My heart aches. Sometimes there is no reason. When we lost our first daughter via miscarriage, I told our priest that I was mad at God to give such joy only to take it away so unfairly. And he told me that was okay.

Own your emotions. Know you are surrounded by love. It doesn't seem so now, but the sun will come out again someday. Many hugs and prayers to you.

Caroline said...

Cat, I am so sorry things didn't work out, I can't imagine how hard that must be and what you and Oli are going through. But you guys are in my thoughts (as well as many other peoples') and you are right, things will somehow be OK in the end, they have to be.

Lee said...

My heart is aching for you both. Hold on to each other during this hard time. Know that you have people all over rallying for you. Sending much love.