Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Uplifting

Okay, so I said I was going to take a break from blogging but I feel compelled to write today...and that's a good thing.

Yesterday, as I made my way to work, my emotions made me feel so heavy that I didn’t know if I was going to make it to my desk. I felt so fragile that I thought that I might fall apart at any moment.

One of the reasons I decided to post our sad news is because of our weekend plans. The Knight and I are still planning to head to Luray to race with the team this weekend (well, he’ll race, I’ll cheer). Yet, I didn’t know how to deal with what is usually the very welcome excitement, congratulations, questions, and yes, belly touching (it has already started). I didn’t want to tell people individually – because it would be hard on me and awkward for them. We thought about cancelling our plans, but the idea of camping in the mountains, in that big field with a hundred of our closest friends sounded like exactly what we needed.

So I posted Monday night and by morning a few messages starting trickling in.  It was comforting. And then the messages kept coming in and I found myself excited to check email because every note was having a positive effect on my emotional state and was getting me through the day.

Later, the Knight sent an email entitled “Incredible” saying that one friend in particular was tremendously thoughtful and was thinking of us. I didn’t know what he meant, and he refused to tell me so that I would be surprised when I got home. Waiting for me was a beautiful edible arrangement that was also quite delicious! The best part was the decadent chocolate-covered strawberries. Mmmmm.

The notes kept coming in, one by one. By the time I went to bed, my spirits were high. I told the Knight that while I am not one for false hope, I feel like it is very possible that this little baby is going to make it.

The feeling of friendship and love that you all brought to me has overwhelmed me and made me feel like no matter what, it will all be okay.

I believe in karma. Lately, I’ve been wondering what I did that was so bad, because things really haven’t been going my way. Well, today, I feel like the universe has reminded me that it is all going to work out. I must have done something really, really good to deserve this outpouring of support. Thank you doesn’t begin to cover it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your experience and your thoughts so candidly. I so admire your fortitude and know that you and Ollie have so much love to share with your offspring. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.