Monday, August 8, 2011

The other 11 reasons

I don't really want to write this post, but I need to. We are really sad to say that the snowbabies are not coming along like we hoped. Last week we went for our second routine ultrasound and the doctor gave us some upsetting news. Both baby's heart rates were low. Baby A was much smaller. She gave us 50/50 odds that they would survive.

This morning we learned that baby A's heart has stopped beating, and although baby b's heart rate continues to increase and the baby is steadily growing, for some reason, the chance of survival is very low (20%).

Needless to say, we are heartbroken. We don't know why this happened, and neither do the doctors. They say there is nothing we could have done, and nothing we can do, to help the situation. We haven't given up hope for the remaining baby, but it doesn't look good. Still, if you could think good thoughts or pray for us, we would appreciate it.

Now it is time to heal, and focus on the other 11 reasons I was happy in my recent post. I think I may take a break from posting for a little while. Don't worry, I will be back.

7 comments:

Lacey Jane said...

So sorry to hear about this difficult situation. My thoughts are with you.

Holly said...

Sending you and Ollie lotsof love, strength and prayers. I'm sorry to hear about Baby A and Baby B is in my prayers and I am sending lots and lots of LiveSTRONG vibes. 20% is a low number but it is also still a chance!!! Love you!

Jenny Gephart said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Cat, I'm saying lots of prayers for you, Ollie and both Baby A and B.

Lee Nodes said...

So sorry to hear this. If it makes you feel any better my Jack (one of the twins) was only given a 20% chance survival rate then first 12 weeks of pregnancy and here he is today...a happy, healthy 4 year old boy!

Anonymous said...

Oh Cat, I'm so sorry.
Jill

Cady said...

I'm giving you a hug right now.

Unknown said...

I just prayed for you and Ollie and will continue to do so. I wish you all the best during this challenging time. My mom was told that her pregnancy with my brother wouldn't make it and he'll be 22 years old next month. Miracles do happen.