Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thursday Thirteen: Randomness

1. Life is good. I am constantly aware of how fortunate I am and how fabulous my life is.

2. Surgery is tomorrow. To be honest, I’m getting a little nervous. I know it will be fine, but I’m still a little apprehensive. Think good thoughts for me.

3. The house is coming along little by little. It is fun to see the gradual improvements.

4. I am more and more in love with the neighborhood (and my neighbors). Several neighbors have stopped by to introduce themselves and bring us baked goods. I’ve never felt so welcome!

5.  Please donate to the Knight, who is once again participating in the Wounded Warrior’s Face of America ride. Read more here.
6. Work has been nutty lately. I have downtime occasionally, but in general it is really crazy. I have to say I like my job though.

7. I’m so excited for Spring to arrive (and stay). Daffodils and hyacinths are already blooming in my yard. We are planning to plant vegetables and herbs as soon as possible. It is going to be so great experiencing the seasons in the tree house.

8. I’m seriously craving fried chicken after seeing pictures of Bojangles Fried Chicken, which opens its first local shop in Union Station today.

9. Last Friday I took a sedative (just kidding) and went to the DMV to get my new license (new name, new address – the whole shebang).  Imagine my shock when they called my number less than 30 seconds after I sat down. I only had time to check 3 boxes on the form I had to fill out. The process was pretty quick and painless. It took me longer to drive there than it did to get in and out. Yay!

10.  I seriously cannot wait for my iPad to arrive. I’m so excited!

11. Have I mentioned how much I am looking forward to not going to work for a week? I have to keep reminding myself that this isn’t a vacation.

12.  I have no doubt that I will be well taken care of over the next week. The Knight has already promised to make me homemade macaroni and cheese; and my sweet friend Melody has promised to bring us a meal this weekend. I’m a lucky girl!

13. I’m all signed up for Netflix, and the Knight hooked up the Apple TV device (which is SO cool, BTW). I might be restless but I shouldn’t be bored. I’ve got lots of reading material, too.

No comments: