Friday, April 22, 2011

e2

e2 = estrogen

That is just one of the handy things I picked up over the last 30 minutes of doing exactly what my fertility nurse told me not to do: search the internet. But, you know, I just need more info. So I "cheated" and did some googling.

I think that Carrie, my wonderfully sweet nurse, wants to avoid what I'm sure everybody does. Enter whatever into Dr. Google and then get freaked out about all of the horrible possiblities.

So, you know I started my injections exactly one week ago. Since then I've been doing the shots nightly (I've missed my cookies since my last post b/c I got home too late to defrost them) and going in for monitoring in the mornings.

Monday morning Carrie called to tell me that my estrogen level was low. They wanted it to be over 100 and it was 92. I hate being an underachiever. They increased my dosage that night and whadayaknow, my estrogen level shot up to 342. Holy cow, I thought!

They decreased my dosage a little. Carrie just left me a message and said I'm up to 808 and they're decreasing me again.

Well, thank goodness for Dr. Google. According to my research, 808 isn't all that high. Well, it sounded high to me.

I'm feeling kind of icky. Just really crampy. Like PMS times five. A friend came by and knew something was wrong when he walked in the door. He said I was fidgety and quiet. I'm not sure if it is the hormones or the fact that I havent' worked out for THREE WEEKS. I'm planning to go for a light jog in the morning and see how that goes. I'm ready to get my sweat on.

All in all, things are going great. The current plan, which is subject to change, is that I'll do a trigger injection (an intramuscular shot which get the eggs ready) on Sunday. On Tuesday they'll retrieve my eggs and on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, they'll implant the embryos.  Then we wait two weeks to find out if it worked. I hear that is the hardest part of the process. Fingers crossed!

No comments: