Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hormones Make You Do Funny Things

I know you’re all dying to hear the latest updates on my hormone levels, right? When I last reported, we were watching my e2 gradually climb. I kind of think of my body as a well-oiled machine. And like my car, I expect my body to follow certain predictable patterns. I also expect the doctors to be the body mechanics and be able to predict that x level of this medicine or hormone will cause x reaction. Yeah, I know, it doesn’t work that way – with cars or bodies.

Every day they take my blood to measure my levels and then do an ultrasound to count and measure my follicles. Then they call me in the afternoon to give me that evening’s dosing instructions. For a reason that is unknown to me, with the same doses that I’ve been taking for a few days, my estrogen level yesterday morning was super high. It went from 1570 on Sunday to 2441. If you recall, last Monday my estrogen level was considered a little low at 92. So yesterday my number was approximately 26 times what it was a week ago. Holy cannoli!

I don’t intend to share all of the nitty gritty details of this treatment here. I am more than happy to share with anyone who is interested. The point of this post is just to share what happened last night.

The Knight and I were watching Saving Grace on Netflix. I’ve watched this show since the first episode and highly recommend it. Anyhow, last night we watched the series finale and of course it was emotional. Ordinarily I am not really the sensitive type when it comes to the stuff that most ladies get emotional about. I am touched my movies and shows, but as the Knight pointed out, he has never seen me shed a tear over a touching story line.

Imagine his surprise when the show ended and he looked over at me and I was on the verge of a full out sob. I was a mess. I don’t think he knew what to do with himself. I then muttered something about it being time to shoot me up with more estrogen and we both lost it. We laughed for at least five minutes. It was pretty nice.

Just another funny moment to remember…

1 comment:

Wendy Kerth said...

Hey, I wasn't in estrogen treatments when I watched that finale and I balled my eyes out. I was a little pissed though. Why'd they have to kill her? I mean, she was fated to die from the very beginning?

Wendy