Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Round 2, Day 1

It's that time again. Yes, it is time for us to begin the second cycle. Are you excited? I know I am. :)

Let's recap. Round 1 - our first full IVF cycle - resulted in the retrieval of 23 eggs. 21 of those were mature. 18 of those fertilized normally. We transferred 1 embryo and froze 3. I got pregnant, but miscarried very soon thereafter.

Now we get to try again. We decided to transfer 2 of the frozen embryos and will hopefully wind up with a "snowbaby" - get it?

For the past three weeks, I was on birth control pills in order to regulate my cycle. Counterintuitive, right? I know.

Here's the plan:

Tonight I will start the injections. These are totally different from what I did last time since the procedure we're preparing for is completely different. Basically, they're trying to thicken the lining of my uterus to prepare it for the embryos.

We'll do the shots for around 2 weeks, and then on July 1st, it's time to get me pregnant. I really wish it were more fun than it is...

I'm guessing that we'll wait two weeks, and then it's finger-crossing time.

Now shhhhhh. I am not telling my mom about the specifics. She doesn't read this blog (as far as I know). As it so happens, we will be visiting her just about two weeks after the transfer and hopefully we'll have some good news to share with her - IN PERSON. But I want it to be a total surprise, so I'm being very vague about the details this time.

So, that's the scoop. We're feeling very optimistic.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Cat, I'm reading this now and wish you the best of luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and the Knight!

Anonymous said...

what happend to the other 14? 18-1-3=14